O’Brien Construction is a General Contractor with a 55 year history of stable, profitable and safe work in the Metro Detroit area. Primary areas of expertise include commercial, senior living, low income and multi-family residential, institutional (schools and fire stations), historical renovations, and non-profit projects.
The Company is adding a Superintendent
who thrives in a multi-dimensional and fast-paced environment. Components of the job include supervision and scheduling of all subcontractors at each given job site, ensuring quality work is completed in a safely while remaining on time and on budget, project troubleshooting, communicating with the owners and the owner’s representatives on a consistent basis, understanding and applying company’s labor relations policies.
Desired Experience, Skills, and Abilities
Compensation, Benefits, and Structure
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, or equivalent experience is preferred
- 5-10 years of construction experience with at least 3 in a leadership role
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees, peers, managers, partners, and others in both verbal and written format
- 100% commitment to safety
- Willingness to put in the time and effort required to be successful in construction
- Effective problem solving and time management abilities
This is a full-time, permanent position that offers a competitive salary, benefits, room for growth and the opportunity to work on a great team.
The Recruiting Process
The Recruiting process will include 2 phone screens, 2 in-person interviews, candidate assessments, and a pre-employment background check and drug test.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer!