Located in Livonia, Michigan, our client is a dynamic General Contractor and Construction Management Firm with work throughout the Midwest. The Company has been in business for over 20 years and strives to be a leader in providing its customers with the knowledge, experience, and management capabilities to fulfill all of their construction needs. The Company has built its reputation on its leadership and culture, continually demonstrating an ability to out-perform larger firms in a variety of industries, including industrial, commercial, federal and state government, and more.
The Superintendent Position
The Company is adding a Superintendent
to its team based on consistent backlog and growth. This person will be responsible for ensuring quality work is completed in a safe manner, on time, on budget, and within the project plans and specifications. Main tasks will include inspecting job sites, preparing reports, assisting in the development of the master construction schedule and enforcing compliance, verifying shop drawings and submittals, communicating scope changes, and others.
Candidates for this position must be able to work efficiently and effectively, and should be comfortable with considerable diversity within the Superintendent role.
Desired Experience, Skills, and Abilities of the Superintendent
Compensation, Benefits, and Structure of the Superintendent
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, or equivalent experience is required
- At least 7-10 years of experience in a Superintendent role, ideally focused in the industrial arena
- Effective problem solving and time management abilities
- Strong communication and presentation skills - both oral and written
- Willingness and ability to travel or relocate to project locations throughout the Midwest is required
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of Timberline and Primavera
- Storm Water Operator Certification and OSHA 30 Hour Certificate is a plus
The position is full-time and permanent, with a competitive salary structure based on skills and experience. In addition, the Company offers a bonus plan, Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, a 401K and Profit Sharing Plan, Life Insurance, ongoing career development and training, and a team-based work environment.
The Recruitment Process for the Superintendent
The recruitment process will include two phone screens, at least two in-person interviews, candidate assessments, and a pre-employment background check and drug test.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer!