Hardman Construction, Inc. is a bridge, foundation and geotechnical contractor based in Ludington, Michigan. For 40 years, the Company has relied on the combined strengths of its skilled tradespeople and management team to build a reputation for quality, safety, and profitability. The Company performs work in a highly specialized and technical segment of the construction industry, which creates the opportunity for long-term careers for all team members.
The Construction Project Engineer Position
Under the direction of the Executive Team, the Construction Project Engineer is responsible for a wide range of duties including ordering and securing materials and deliveries, tracking quantities, preparing and sending internal and external submittals, handling critical communications, and helping the Project Managers and Superintendents in all areas where support is needed. The Construction Project Engineer needs to understand engineering principles, problem solve quickly and efficiently, provide consistent verbal and written communications, and have the drive to work hard to keep the project on track.
The Construction Project Engineer will spend the majority of his/her time in the field at various worksites. Construction Project Engineers work directly with the Executive Team, Project Managers, and Superintendents to help ensure successful project outcomes. In addition, there are opportunities for growth within the company, which includes a direct path for development into a Project Manager.
Desired Experience, Skills, and Abilities
Compensation and Benefits
- Knowledge of, exposure to, and/or an interest in bridge and geotechnical construction
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering strongly preferred
- Integrity and trust
- Positive, “Can Do” attitude
- Software & general technical proficiency
- 100% commitment to safety
- Desire to live in Michigan
- Interest in working for a mid-sized company where individual efforts have a significant impact
Our Company provides a comprehensive compensation package that includes:
- Competitive salary
- Annual discretionary performance bonus
- Employer-sponsored medical, dental, and vision insurance (including family coverage)
- Discretionary profit-sharing contribution into the retirement plan
- Vehicle allowance and gas
- Company paid electronic devices (laptop, phone, iPad)
- Paid time off
- Continuing education and development opportunities
The recruitment process will include a combination of phone and in-person interviews. Applicants will be required to undergo a background check and drug screen before hire.
Hardman Construction, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer!