Plymouth Township is a charter township located in Wayne County, Michigan. The Township prides itself on a reputable history of keeping its community, people and families its top priority. Plymouth Township offers stable employment, a great working environment, cohesive team atmosphere and work-life balance.
The Township is looking for a detail-driven and experienced part-time Payroll Administrator
. The Payroll Administrator works in a fast-paced environment and holds a high level of responsibility. While being extremely process and detail oriented, the Payroll Administrator will manage all of the Township’s payroll functions and tasks. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, maintaining payroll information by collecting, calculating and entering confidential data, resolving payroll discrepancies, maintaining spreadsheets and ensuring all employees are paid accurately and on time. Additionally, the Payroll Administrator will be responsible for interpreting and understanding the Township’s union contracts in order to properly apply various pay and bonus rules as indicated in each contract.
Desired Experience, Skills, and Abilities
Compensation & Benefits
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required
- Minimum of three years’ experience of accounting and payroll experience
- Ability to utilize various office equipment, specifically computers and related office software, proficiently
- Experience using ADP Payroll System preferred, but not required
- Working knowledge of standard office practices and procedures, including some working knowledge of accounting
- Knowledge and understanding of municipal operations in order to effectively assist the public
- Ability to work under pressure without sacrificing data accuracy or integrity
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality
The position is part-time, permanent and offers a competitive hourly rate of pay. Working hours are flexible and up for negotiation.
The Recruiting Process
The Recruiting process will include 2 phone screens, 2 in-person interviews, candidate assessments, and a pre-employment background check and drug test.
The Township is an Equal Opportunity Employer!