Our culture and philosophy:
Fessler & Bowman is a fast-paced, culture focused industry leader in specialty concrete, civil engineering, and earthwork. When we talk about culture at F&B it is not just something that looks nice on a plaque hanging in our lobby. We live our values every day and those values have allowed us to build a phenomenal team that delivers best in class products to our customers. We do not put off until tomorrow the things that can be done today and we don’t stop until the job is done right.
This cultural philosophy is not for everyone, and that’s ok because we believe that “fit” is a leading indicator of success. If we asked a friend to describe you would they use words like “competitive”, “driven”, “team-focused”, “detail-oriented”, “agile”, and “a problem solver”? Are you willing to take calculated risks to achieve better than average results? If so, you should apply to this posting because you are the type of person we want to add to our F&B family.
Our Talent Acquisition Specialist will support the organization by delivering great talent to our managers before they request it. Anticipation and upfront work will make you successful. In this labor market, a “post and pray”, old school approach, won’t get the results we need. Are you driven to dig in and find great people? Are you willing to spend hours on the phone to find that perfect candidate? Do you feel fulfilled when a manager says “our new hire is awesome?” If so, you will love this role.
We are building a new recruiting function from scratch and we need an individual who can put the strategy into action. You will be “The” key player in staffing our company for the rapid growth we are experiencing. The list of duties below is important, of course, but your drive is what will make you successful.
In this role, you will spend 80% of your time recruiting for our critical field positions in the building trades and 20% staffing our office positions. Previous experience in construction trades is a plus but your attitude and drive for results are equally important.
What will I be accountable for at F&B:
- Proactive sourcing and outreach of qualified construction trades personnel
- Building relationships with local candidate sources (unions, associations, trade schools, colleges, and universities)
- Building effective internal relationships with hiring managers, forecasting needs, etc.
- Targeting competitors to attract passive qualified candidates.
- Updating and monitoring all job postings, applicant tracking systems, etc.
- Schedule, organize, and manage job fairs and recruiting events.
- Managing the lifecycle of the hiring process for field construction roles.
- Interview and screen field candidates to identify those with the required attitude, skills, and abilities.
- Works collaboratively to manage social media presence and employer brand.
- Maintain applicant tracking system, ensuring all data is up to date, candidates have been contacted, and the historical records are accurate for future review
- Facilitates pre-boarding and onboarding processes, including background check, drug testing, all new hire paperwork, orientation, etc.
- Collaborates with HR Director regarding continuous process improvement and strategic projects within the human resources function
- Supports the Company’s commitment to EEO and Affirmative Action strategy and compliance.
Qualifications & Abilities
- Develop written communications in Spanish, including job ads, new hire paperwork, policies, etc.
- All other duties as assigned
- At least 2 years of HR or recruiting experience, required
- Bilingual (Spanish-speaking), required
- One-year minimum experience in the construction industry preferred
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or a related field preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills