Jellison CPA is a growing full-service accounting firm with a well-established clientele in Hartland, Michigan. Businesses and individuals have trusted and relied upon this firm for a variety of services including bookkeeping, payroll, tax projections and preparation, and other accounting services for over 15 years. Like the small town this firm is based in, the firm’s culture is warm, friendly, and relationship based.
The Bookkeeper/Payroll Clerk Position
The Bookkeeper/Payroll Clerk position is ideal for someone looking for a professional work environment with the flexibility to enjoy life outside of the office. While this position requires a full 40-hour workweek during tax season, no overtime is expected or encouraged. Another pleasant benefit of this role is the ability to work a reduced schedule outside of the busy tax season.
The Bookkeeper/Payroll Clerk job duties will include, but are not limited to
Experience, Skills, and Abilities for the Bookkeeper/Payroll Clerk Position
- Using QuickBooks to enter payables and receivables, reconcile accounts, and other accounting functions.
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll and accounting transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Assist in various financial projects utilizing a broad range of bookkeeping skills.
- Support CPA tasks and proactively communicate progress on projects.
Compensation, Benefits, and Structure of the Bookkeeper/Payroll Clerk Position
- Experience in a public CPA firm is preferred, but not required
- Experience with QuickBooks is preferred
- Excellent bookkeeping skills
- Experience in payroll processing is preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, computer systems, and math skills
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Must have ability to be proactive with good follow through
- Must be self-directed, detail oriented, and organized
The Recruitment Process
- Compensation for this position is variable and will be dependent on candidate qualifications.
- Jellison CPA offers paid Vacation time, Holiday pay, Personal Leave time and a matching Simple IRA.
- The work schedule for this role is flexible and could be reduced during non-tax season, if preferred.
- During tax season, this position is expected to work 40 hours per week.
The recruitment process will include at least two phone screens, an in-person interview, pre-employment assessments, background check, and drug test.
Jellison CPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer!