AUCH Construction, located in Pontiac, is home to some of Michigan’s most innovative Planners and Construction Managers. Voted one of the Top Work Places for the last 5 years by the Detroit Free Press, AUCH considers its employees its most valuable asset. The Company is a management-owned company with ownership actively involved in the day to day activities of the company.
AUCH is adding an HR / Payroll Specialist
to its dynamic team. As the sole HR professional within the company, this position offers the opportunity for ample development and growth within the organization. The position holds high-level responsibility for a wide range of duties including, but not limited to, administering the onboarding process for new hires, performing all aspects of benefits administration, completing complex payroll processing, supporting compliance and safety programs, assisting with recruiting efforts, and performing other general business duties as required and assigned.
The HR / Payroll Specialist plays a pivotal role in ensuring the HR processes and procedures run effectively in order to best support the employees and the Company. The HR / Payroll Specialist will be a self-motivated team player with a positive attitude and possess the desire to learn new things while managing shifting priorities.
Why Work for AUCH
The HR / Payroll Specialist will work in the Company's new, state-of-the-art building and enjoy a fast paced, team-oriented environment. The position offers the opportunity to partner with executives on creation and implementation of HR policies, training programs, process improvements, and other key Company initiatives. The HR / Payroll Specialist will work to withhold the Company's favorable reputation in the construction industry and enjoy the perks of working at a friendly, cohesive Company.
Desired Experience, Skills and Abilities
Compensation, Benefits and Structure
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human resources or a related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an HR or payroll position, preferably in the construction industry
- Similar experience within other industries will be considered
- Payroll experience highly preferred
- Ability to proactively identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, analyzing data and developing creative, resourceful solutions
- Solid technical capabilities, including proficiency with Microsoft office
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with shifting priorities while providing excellent customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication, time management, and organizational skills
The position is full-time, permanent, and offers a highly competitive compensation package. AUCH provides its employees with a Total Compensation package that is bench-marked at a high level within the industry. In addition, the Company is focused on continued career development and training, and a team-based work environment.
The Recruitment Process
The Recruiting process is designed to ensure the right fit for both the Company and the candidate. The process will include a combination of phone interviews and in-person interviews, candidate assessments, a pre-employment background check and drug test.
AUCH Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer!