A Math Tutor
is needed to provide exceptional instruction to a private cohort of two children in a virtual classroom environment. The students are twin brothers in grade 5 and they are learning from home this year because one of the boys has an autoimmune disease. While the focus will be on math, the ability to provide science tutoring as well is a plus!
The position will teach via Zoom for one hour per day, Monday through Friday. Energy and enthusiasm are key requirements for this role, while being focused on helping the students with homework and areas they are struggling in.
The primary responsibilities of the Math Tutor include the following:
Desired Experience, Skills, and Abilities
- Provide constructive feedback to help the students find and fix their own errors.
- Assist the students with their progress in math, providing a bit of challenge and fun to the learning atmosphere.
- Create hands-on and interactive tutoring sessions to adapt to the high energy levels of the students.
- Create accountability to stay on course with key learning objectives.
Compensation, Benefits and Structure
- Teaching Certificate is not required, but strongly preferred
- Experience tutoring 5th grade level math
- Experience tutoring 5th grade science is preferred, not but required
- Desire and love for children and for teaching; the ability to keep up with children of all ages in a virtual environment
- Experience and/or Training with the Montessori Method (or similar hands-on technique) is preferred, but not required, as is experience with dyscalculia
- Please note that not having this experience does not rule a candidate out
This is a part-time position working approximately one hour per day, Monday through Friday. The family is ready for the tutor to start fairly quickly and the position will continue throughout the fall semester and beyond. Exceptional candidates can expect a competitive market-based salary, the chance to make an impact on the boys and their family, and the opportunity to work in a pretty fun setting.
The Recruitment Process
The recruitment process includes a phone interview, a web-based interview, an interactive meeting (opportunity to meet the students and interact with him), pre-employment assessments, and a background check.
The family is an Equal Opportunity Employer!