Headquartered in Flint, Michigan, Siwek Construction is a dynamic General Contractor, Construction Management and Design/Build Firm with work throughout the Midwest. The Company prides itself on their continuing relationships with key clients, as well as their capability and skill of their team. The Company has built its reputation on its leadership and culture, continually demonstrating to provide a foundation of excellence in a variety of industries, including retail, medical, industrial, commercial, and more.
The Superintendent Position
The Company is adding a Superintendent
to its team based on consistent backlog and growth. This person will be responsible for ensuring quality work is completed in a safe manner, on time, on budget, and within the project plans and specifications. Main tasks will include inspecting job sites, preparing reports, assisting in the development of the master construction schedule and enforcing compliance, verifying shop drawings and submittals, communicating scope changes, and others.
The Superintendent will specialize in The Company’s Retail-focused projects. This position will require travel throughout the Midwest
, with the first project located in Jackson, MI.
Desired Experience, Skills, and Abilities of the Superintendent
Compensation, Benefits, and Structure of the Superintendent
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, or equivalent experience is required
- At least 3 years of experience in a Superintendent role, preferably focused on Retail Construction
- Effective problem solving and time management abilities
- Strong communication and presentation skills - both oral and written
- Willingness and ability to travel or relocate to project locations throughout the Midwest is required
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of PlanGrid, Project Mates and Sage
- OSHA 30 Hour Certificate is preferred
The position is full-time and permanent, with a competitive salary structure based on skills and experience. In addition, the Company offers a discretionary bonus plan, Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, a 401K and Profit-Sharing Plan, and a team-based work environment.
The Recruitment Process for the Superintendent
The recruitment process will include two phone screens, at least two in-person interviews, candidate assessments, a pre-employment background check, and drug test.
Siwek Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer!