The Associated General Contractors (AGC) of Michigan is the state’s leading full-service construction association, providing services to Michigan's general contractors, construction managers, specialty contractors and related construction industry companies. The association is a state affiliate of the Associated General Contractors of America, the nation’s oldest and largest national construction association. The AGC of Michigan supports its members with industry advocacy, labor relations, continuing education and workforce development, safety expertise, networking, and more!
Director of Membership and Member Services Position
The Director of Membership and Member Services holds a high level of responsibility for designing, implementing and managing the AGC’s overall membership strategy. The position requires building and maintaining strong industry relationships, while also improving member services and engagement for current and prospective members. Given the nature of the role, it is expected that the Director of Membership will be consistently engaged within the industry and at events, always focused on building relationships, and generally act as one of the main “faces” of the organization.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Why Work for the AGC
- Member Recruitment: Develop strategies for membership promotion; identify potential prospects; create targeted outreach plans and administer customized communications; and assist with the development of promotional and marketing materials.
- Member Retention: Develop and implement member onboarding processes; provide member support services and solicit member feedback; utilize social media and applicable tools to increase reach and member engagement; and maintain the member database.
- Member Engagement: Identify opportunities to enhance member experience; target programs and services to specific member needs or requests; and promote industry connections and events to connect the AGC community.
- Sponsorship: Manage the business sponsorship program; identify and solicit new sponsorship opportunities; and cultivate relationships with external parties to support various programs and projects.
The AGC of Michigan offers a unique opportunity to positively impact a large number of organizations and individuals within the construction industry. The AGC provides its members with a wide range of educational programs, member benefits, and advocacy efforts to ensure members can remain competitive and employees have ample opportunity to succeed. Employees of the AGC can expect diverse and fulfilling work on a daily basis and the opportunity to work within an industry that is stable, yet constantly evolving.
Desired Experience, Skills, and Abilities
Compensation and Benefits
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required
- Minimum of 7 years related experience in an association, construction industry or similar
- Experience with Microsoft Office products and capability to manage Social Media accounts
- Capability to travel within Michigan
- Ability to think innovatively and plan strategically to drive membership development and engagement
- Strong communication skills with an aptitude for relationship building and customer service
The Director of Membership and Member Services position is salaried, exempt and will report directly to the association staff president. The starting salary is based on skills, abilities, experience, education and training and is competitive within the local and national market for Association directors. The Director of Membership and Member Services is eligible for the discretionary bonus plan. The AGC of Michigan offers a complete insurance package including medical, dental, vision, life, Long Term Disability, and paid vacation and holidays. Employees are eligible for the 401(k)-retirement plan with a 5% employer contribution and a discretionary profit-sharing plan.
Application and Selection Process
Qualified candidates should apply by contacting the AGC of Michigan’s Human Resource partner, EctoHR, Inc. directly. Applicants can apply by sending their resume to Lara@ectohr.com
or by visiting the following link: https://ectohr.catsone.com/careers/
Candidates should expect a thorough and defined process designed to ensure that the right candidate is hired. The process will include phone interviews, in-person interviews, candidate assessments, and a pre-employment background check and drug test.
The AGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer!