The Livingston County United Way is a non-profit collaborating partner, working together with many non-profit, for-profit, governmental and faith-based organizations, to address the most critical needs of Livingston County residents. Located in Brighton, MI, the United Way is a driving force of change in the community, focusing on providing local families resources for financial stability, improving children’s lives, and promoting community wellness.
Livingston County United Way is looking to add an experienced and energetic Development and Marketing Director
to its team. This position is a direct connection with the community and is responsible for the planning and execution of all aspects of Fundraising, Marketing, Communications and Public Relations. The role offers the opportunity to work on exciting projects in a fun working environment while making a direct impact in the community!
The Development and Marketing Director is responsible for strategic planning and execution of a year-round campaign plan, including development of new accounts and coordination of volunteers. Raising funds and building community partnerships are key responsibilities. This role will also support and collaborate with local initiatives by active committee involvement and successful completion of committee responsibilities. Additionally, the Development and Marketing Director will design and implement all aspects of a year-round marketing plan. This includes providing direct oversight and leadership for successful events, online marketing, working with local media sources and procurement of sponsorship for various events. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, developing the organizations’ marketing pieces, communication pieces, handling the organization’s website and social media accounts, and leading presentations for various events.
The Development and Marketing Director will be required to work a schedule that supports the needs of the Organization. While the Development and Marketing Director can typically expect to work a traditional office schedule, the Organization does require schedule flexibility for planned community events. The Development and Marketing Director is required to attend all LCUW events.
Desired Experience, Skills, and Abilities
Compensation, Benefits, and Structure
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent of 4 years of Fundraising and/or Marketing experience
- Preferred - Bachelor’s degree in communication, public relations, journalism or related/applicable area
- Minimum two years of fundraising experience
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office suites and experience with online platforms and database collection systems. Prefer experience with Mobile Cause, Constant Contact and Word Press. And willing to learn any other relevant computer applications.
- Experience working with the community, familiar with Livingston County
- Strong presentation skills and an ability to work with a team
- Ability to plan, organize, set priorities, and deliver results
- Excellent organizational abilities and attention to detail
- Ability to run PR campaigns that deliver measurable results and meet objectives.
- Ability to pitch to media.
- Experience with fundraising, marketing, public presentations and training
- Knowledge of marketing principles, tools and techniques
- Proficient in social media marketing
The position is full-time and permanent, with a competitive salary structure based on skills and experience. In addition, the Organization offers a generous benefits package, ongoing career development and training, and a team-based work environment.
The Recruitment Process
The recruitment process is designed to be a thorough, two-way evaluation to ensure that the best decision is made by both the Organization and the candidate. Given this, multiple steps may be required.
A cover letter is encouraged but not required when applying for this position.
The Organization is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer!