Our client is a northern Michigan based MSO that offers high-speed internet, VoIP and cable television services. The Company has an opening for an Operations Manager
Strong candidates will have previous management or supervision experience, particularly with a similar type of work and with servicemen in vehicles completing work scheduled each day. While it is not a requirement, it is a positive attribute that a candidate have knowledge of cable systems (power supplies, trunk/feeder, amplifiers & LEs) as well as installation of services for residential & business clients.
This position will be responsible for direct supervision cable system and installation technicians, coordination of scheduling/routing and workflow for the installations, managing outages, and maintenance work, inventory and fleet management, project estimating, subcontractor and
project management, and overseeing training and continuing education of the Cable Technicians, among other things.
This position will require a combination of both office and some field work. Candidates for this position must be comfortable traveling throughout the state of Michigan on occasion, as well as reporting to an office each day.
This is an excellent opportunity to become a part of a growing Company and have the ability to cover all elements of operations, including, but not limited to, areas of cable plant maintenance, installation, servicing, and technical monitoring and upgrades work. There is also ample room for growth both within the position and with the Company.
Desired Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent plus some additional technical training or certification
- Minimum of 3-6 years’ experience scheduling and supervising service crews
- 100% commitment to safety
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Impeccable communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong and proven critical thinking, judgment, and decision making skills and attention to detail – especially with record keeping
Compensation and Structure
- Proficiency with MS Office (including Outlook, Excel, and Word), smart phones, tablets, and laptops
The position is a full-time, permanent position with a competitive base salary.
Benefits Package includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short-Term Disability and Long Term Disability insurance.
The Recruitment Process
The recruitment process will include a phone screen, in-person interviews, candidate assessments, and a background check.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer!