O’Brien Construction is a Construction Manager & General Contractor with a 55 year history of stable, profitable and safe work in the Metro Detroit area. Primary areas of expertise include multi-family, senior living, historical renovations, commercial, non-profit, and the occasional institutional project. As the Company continues to experience steady and exciting growth, it is seeking an experienced Superintendent
to lead project teams.
The Company is adding a Superintendent
who thrives in a multi-dimensional and fast-paced environment. Components of the job include supervision and scheduling of all subcontractors at each given job site, ensuring quality work is completed in a safely manner while remaining on time and on budget, project troubleshooting, communicating with the owners and the owner’s representatives on a consistent basis, understanding and applying company’s labor relations policies. Additional tasks include, but are not limited to, daily job site inspections, preparing reports, assisting in the development of the project schedule and enforcing compliance, verifying drawings and submittals, communicating scope changes, and maintaining constant communication with the Project Manager.
Desired Experience, Skills, and Abilities
Compensation, Benefits, and Structure
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, or equivalent experience is preferred
- 5-10 years of construction experience, preferably as a Superintendent
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees, peers, managers, partners, and others in both verbal and written format
- 100% commitment to safety
- Willingness to put in the time and effort required to be successful in construction
- Effective problem solving and time management abilities
This is a full-time, permanent position that offers a competitive salary, annual bonus plan, auto / fuel reimbursement, health, dental and vision benefits, 401K retirement plan, paid time off, growth potential, and a strong Company culture.
The Recruiting Process
The Recruiting process will include 2 phone screens, 2 in-person interviews, candidate assessments, and a pre-employment background check and drug test.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer!