Our client is an independent northern Michigan based MSO that offers high-speed internet, VoIP and cable television services. They are looking to add an experienced Cable Technician
to the team.
A strong candidate will have experience maintaining & upgrading existing cable systems (power supplies, trunk/feeder, amplifiers & LEs) as well as installation of services for residential & business clients. The Cable Technician will be responsible for helping coordinate & schedule service requests, sweep & balance work, troubleshooting system outages, performing small plant construction projects, internal communication, completing work orders, bill of materials, and labor schedule for all jobs and estimates, material requisitions, and inventory control, among other things.
This is an excellent opportunity to become a part of a growing Company and have the ability to cover all areas of installation, servicing, and technical work. There is also ample room for growth both within the position and with the Company.
Candidates for this position must be comfortable traveling throughout the state of Michigan. Continuing Education via online & classroom will be provided and required.
Please note - This role requires candidate to live relatively close to Indian River, MI.
Desired Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
Compensation and Structure
- High school diploma or equivalent plus some additional technical training or certification
- Minimum of 4-8 years of cable system maintenance, service installation, and some basic head-end knowledge and experience
- 100% commitment to safety
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to solve complex problems and troubleshoot, as necessary
- Strong and proven critical thinking, judgment, and decision making skills and attention to detail – especially with record keeping
The position is a full-time, permanent position with a competitive base salary.
Benefits Package includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short-Term Disability and Long Term Disability insurance.
The Recruitment Process
The recruitment process will include a phone screen, in-person interviews, candidate assessments (industry skill testing), a background check, and a drug test.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer!