Hardman Construction, Inc. is a bridge, foundation and geotechnical contractor based in Ludington, Michigan. For 40 years, the Company has relied on the combined strengths of its skilled tradespeople and management team to build a reputation for quality, safety, and profitability. The Company performs work in a highly specialized and technical segment of the construction industry, which creates the opportunity for long-term careers for all team members.
Given the growth experienced within the organization, along with the demanding and technical nature of the heavy civil construction that Hardman performs, we are looking to add a Superintendent
to our team.
Responsibilities of the Superintendent
Under the direction of the Executive Team, the Superintendent is responsible for a wide range of duties including production management and oversight of the field crews, equipment, and resources, supervision and scheduling of all subcontractors at job sites, and implementing and upholding the Company’s commitment to Safety. The Superintendent needs to communicate effectively, troubleshoot, understand and apply the Company’s labor relations policies, and complete short-interval plans and scheduling.
Desired Experience, Skills, and Abilities for the Superintendent
Compensation and Benefits for the Superintendent
- The ability to effectively communicate with employees, peers, managers, and others in both verbal and written formats
- 2-5 years of construction experience
- The capacity to travel to project sites around the state of Michigan for projects
- Bachelors of Civil Engineering strongly preferred
- Integrity and trust
- Positive, “Can Do” attitude
- Software & general technical proficiency
- 100% commitment to safety
- Desire to live in Michigan
- Interest in working for a mid-sized company where individual efforts have a significant impact
Our Company provides a comprehensive compensation package that includes:
Recruitment Process for the Superintendent
- Competitive salary
- Annual discretionary performance bonus
- Employer-sponsored medical, dental, and vision insurance (including family coverage)
- Company paid electronic devices (laptop, phone, iPad)
- Continuing education and development opportunities
The recruitment process includes a phone screen, two in-person interviews, and a pre-employment physical, background check, and drug test.
Hardman Construction, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer!