St. Catherine of Siena Academy is an all-girls Catholic high school in Wixom, Michigan. Our mission is to transform the culture by inspiring young women to discover and develop their feminine genius--their unique dignity, identity, and gifts as women created in the image of God.
St. Catherine of Siena Academy is looking for a qualified candidate for the position of Administrative Assistant to the Principal. This person must be a self-starter with significant experience in the areas listed below.
Supervisor: Reports to Principal
Terms: Hourly, Academic Calendar + 10 days
• PowerSchool or equivalent student information system (SIS)
• Microsoft 365 and G Suite proficiency
• Website and email proficiency
• Participate in ongoing professional development.
General Functions and Purpose:
• Stays current with calendar of school events o Utilizes the web calendar for information on daily functions
o Needs to be abreast of school events, athletic schedules, etc.
o Recognizes and communicates any errors/conflicts that may exist on web calendar
• Serves as the student wellness coordinator
o Assesses symptoms of students ill or injured (takes temperature, etc)
o Dispenses PPE, as needed
o Dispenses medication, as needed
• Performs various clerical and administrative duties
• Formats, edits, and proofreads standard documents
• Assists new personnel with onboarding orientation (email, voicemail, copier, mailbox, etc.)
• Maintains copy machines in faculty room and administrative area
• Order supplies and toner for the copy machines and place all service calls
• Works independently receiving a minimum of detailed supervision and guidance
With Respect to Records Management:
• Keeps student and general files current
• Reports daily attendance to the faculty
• Keeps student records updated in PowerSchool
o Attendance o Grade Reports
o Progress Reports/Report Cards
• Maintains and distributes permanent records
• Maintains file copy of all events for archives
• Maintains recent graduate files, processing requests for information in a timely fashion.
With Respect to student and parent relations:
• Handles proprietary information in a confidential manner
• Serves as a liaison between parents and faculty/administration
• Takes care of daily activities: handles phone calls, responds positively to parent questions, and communicates information between parents and staff, faculty, and administration
• Makes daily attendance calls to parents of students who have not been excused
• Schedules meetings for Principal
With Respect to the Principal and the faculty:
• Handles proprietary information in a confidential manner.
• Coordinates and secures substitute teachers (after verifying authorization of absence, if prearranged) • Assists Principal with updating budget documents and submitting Payment Requests to Business Office • Manages electronic distribution, collection, and organization of documents
• Prepares (copy and organize) any materials for student packets for orientations or parent packets for information meetings
• Responds to RSVPs
• Maintains a close and highly responsive awareness of the day-to-day activities of the Principal and becomes a vital confidant in parent, faculty, and administration communications and relations
• Maintains the Principal’s calendar -- makes tentative appointments with prior clearance, makes arrangements for meetings, meeting facilities, and required services, and assembles established background materials as directed.
With Respect to Honors Night, Baccalaureate, and Graduation:
• Orders diplomas, caps and gowns, and announcements for the graduation ceremony
• Orders and organizes medals for Honors Night
• Organizes senior graduation envelopes with diploma and any other relevant documents
• Communicates pertinent dates to senior families regarding ordering deadlines
• Works with college counselors on Honors Night script and program
• Works with Marketing department and counselors on graduation script and program
With respect to student scheduling:
• Compiles departmental changes to the Program of Studies (makes edits, as necessary, and facilitates ordering copies and uploading to the website)
• Updates and distributes EDP sheets to appropriate grade levels in preparation for the scheduling process
• Collects and sorts EDP sheets and ensures that students have acquired appropriate faculty and parent signatures
• Enters all student course information in PowerSchool in preparation for the scheduler to complete the master schedule
• Inputs all new courses in PowerSchool
• Inputs all student data into PowerSchool to create student schedules once the master schedule is complete.
Additional duties for the Administrative Assistant to the Principal:
At the discretion of the Principal, there may be additional duties that are added to this job description