IDN Hardware Sales, Inc. is headquartered in Livonia, MI and has more than 70 years of stability and top-notch customer service. This family-owned company provides security products, access control solutions, and related services to locksmiths and security professionals.
The Accounts Receivable Administrator Position
Our newest Accounts Receivable Administrator (A/R Administrator)
will work in a fast-paced (but steady) position in the accounting department. The A/R Administrator ensures the accuracy of assigned accounts receivable and allocation of payments on those accounts. In addition, the A/R Administrator accurately posts payments and other A/R transactions, and assists with the reconciliations of bank deposits and cash forecasts. The A/R Administrator also assist with Accounts Payable responsibilities as needed for the accounting department.
Additional Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
Required Experience, Skills and Abilities of the Accounts Receivable Administrator Position
- Support the collection efforts and review outstanding balances.
- Reconcile accounts through analysis, investigation and assertive follow-up to ensure resolution of any discrepancies in outstanding balances.
- Collect unpaid balances from customers by daily calls or email with diligent follow up and documenting clear, concise collection notes on the status of the account.
- Participate in daily cash posting and allocation of payments.
- Collaborate with other departments in resolving outstanding accounts.
- General accounting administration.
- Enhance accounting efficiency and overall effectiveness.
- Establish and monitor approved payment plans.
- Analyze customer remittances and accurately record payments and deductions.
- Maintain electronic files of remittances.
- Process internal write-offs and offsets.
- Investigate and resolve misapplied payments and postings.
- Analyze off invoice deductions.
- Assist in analyzing the monthly cash forecast variance to actual.
- Assist in the Accounts Payable function.
Compensation, Benefits & Structure for the Accounts Receivable Administrator Position
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required
- A Bachelors’ degree is preferred, but not required
- 2+ years of experience in accounts receivable, preferably in cash applications
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
Compensation for this position is negotiable and will depend on relevant experience. The position is full-time with hours Monday through Friday, approximately 8:00am to 5:00pm. Medical & Dental benefits are available after 90 days of employment. The compensation package also includes benefits such as a 401(k) Plan with matching employer contributions
and company-paid life and disability insurance.
The Recruitment Process for the Accounts Receivable Administrator Position
The recruiting process will include at least one (likely two) phone screen, an in-person interview, candidate assessments, a background check and a drug test.
IDN Hardware Sales, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer!