MJS Packaging, located in Livonia, Michigan specializes in bottles, products containers, and packaging solutions. With over 135 years’ leading the packaging industry, MJS Packaging is well established and prides itself on exceptional customer service provided to all of its valued customers.
The Quality Manager is responsible for representing MJS in a professional manner and is the first point of contact for customers’ quality needs. The position offers the unique opportunity to create and implement new quality management systems, processes and protocols for MJS Packaging.
The Quality Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of the domestic and international Quality management system and provides leadership for the organization in seeking root cause solutions and continuous improvement actions. Through development of short-term and long-term Company quality strategies, alignment of customer expectations with supplier standards and capabilities, oversight of the international Supplier Control Program, and professional representation of the Company to vendors and customers, the position has a direct impact on Company relationships, sales and profitability.
The Company places high value on professional relationships. Ensuring MJS customers’ quality needs are met and expectations are professionally managed within commercial and technical realities are essential functions of the position.
Desired Experience, Skill, and Abilities
Compensation, Benefits, and Structure
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field or equivalent is required
- Extensive quality assurance or manufacturing work experience is required
- Experience managing Quality Management Systems
- 10 or more years’ experience with plastics and/or packaging or other high speed, high volume conversion processes in the production environment is preferred
- Preferred Professional certifications - CQE, CQM OE, Lean Six Sigma, certified Six Sigma Blackbelt
- Adept at using Microsoft operating system and office software package
- Experience in plastic blow or injection molding preferred
The position is full-time and permanent, with a competitive salary structure based on skills and experience, and a competitive bonus structure based on personal and company performance. In addition, the Company offers Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, and 401K.
The Recruitment Process
The recruitment process will include an introductory phone screen, at least two virtual interviews, candidate assessments, and a pre-employment background check and drug test.
MJS Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer!