Merlo Construction, located in Milford, Michigan is a high-growth concrete and excavation Company. Our culture is built upon teamwork – from the top leaders to the newest employees just learning the trade. The Company prides itself on being a self-managed team with a “can-do” attitude.
The Company is looking for an aspiring Estimating Co-Op / Intern to join their growing team. Ideal candidates for this position would be working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management. However, we are willing to look at candidates in a general education program. This position offers someone with interest in the construction industry an opportunity to gain hands-on experience.
The Estimating Co-Op / Intern position will be full time during summer break and approximately 15 hours per week during the school year, with flexibility. This position has the potential to eventually become a full-time, permanent position, depending upon the individual’s success with the Company and in the position.
Qualities of a Successful Intern Include:
Typical Internship Components:
- Flexibility and willingness to work in any conditions and on a variety of projects
- Desire to gain hands-on experience and potentially grow with a stable company
- Progression toward a Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to efficiently analyze and organize significant amounts of information quickly
- Hard-working and dependable
- Capability to problem solve and communicate effectively
- Manage document control, RFI’s and submittals
- Schedule updates
- Subcontractor review and management
- Coordination of material suppliers, and more
The objective of the Company’s internship program is to develop Interns into construction professionals for permanent hire upon graduation. Beyond that, the long-term goal is to progress into an Estimating of Operational role.
The Recruiting Process
The recruitment process will include a mixture of phone and in-person interviews, candidate assessments, and a pre-employment background check and drug test. The process is designed to make sure that candidates are aligned with the Company’s long-term goals and have shared core values.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer!