Suburban Sports Group, located in Farmington Hills, MI, owns, operates, and manages full-service sports and entertainment facilities around Michigan. The Company also creates world class training, education, periodicals, and programming for ice sports. The internal team is passionate about delivering excellence to their customers, business, and community partners.
Suburban Sports Group is hiring a Assistant Manager/Hockey Director
to manage our hockey programs. The Hockey Director will work out of the Company’s Rochester, MI location. The Company is looking for an individual who is hardworking, dependable and one that takes pride in their work.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
Why Work for Suburban Sports Group:
- Overall management and administration of the hockey program.
- Hockey club practice, regular season and play-off game schedules.
- Monitor league play and provide appropriate disciplinary actions when needed.
- Hire, train and supervise the on-ice instructional staff.
- Oversee and lead on-ice instruction
- Select, train, lead and oversee the volunteer coaches and team managers in the hockey program.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with public.
- Assist with the administration of facility operations, including scheduling and selling of ice.
- Assist with formulating and managing operating and programming budgets.
- Involved in all programs, plans and projects related to facility.
- Establish goals for programs and personnel.
- Educate and execute established policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership and direction for all employees by serving as a positive role model in actions, reactions, personal appearance and display of concern.
- Communicate and update staff on facility issues through communication tools (staff meetings, etc.)
- Liaison with all community groups and organizations to ensure a positive relationship is maintained.
- Assist with the external and internal marketing and sales campaigns.
- Schedule and execute contracts with all user groups.
This position allows for flexibility while also being a key member of a growing and successful Company. The willingness and ability to take on a variety of tasks is essential to being successful in this role. This is a unique opportunity for someone who wants to build their skills in a fun and collaborative environment while providing a positive influence in the community!
Preferred Experience, Skills and Abilities:
Compensation & Benefits:
- Prior hockey playing experience is required.
- Professional appearance.
- High level of both oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills to enhance overall productivity of a fast-paced work setting.
- Proven experience in the management of recreational facilities, preferably ice arenas.
The position is full time and offers a competitive salary along with medical, dental and vision insurance, long term disability, life insurance, PTO, 401K, and a strong team-based environment.
The Recruiting Process:
The Recruiting process is designed to ensure the right fit for both the Company and the candidate. The process will include a combination of phone interviews and in-person interviews, candidate assessments, and a pre-employment background check.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer!