Based in Livingston County, Bendix Academy is a non-profit organization dedicated to mentoring students ages 12-18 in skilled trades to educate, inspire and engage young professional interested in vocational work. The goal for these students is to develop higher self-confidence, establish greater independence, foster good citizenship, and encourage further learning.
Bendix Academy is looking to hire a Volunteer Treasurer to sit on their Board of Directors. As a volunteer on the Board of Directors, this position is unpaid and does not include any additional benefits.
On a volunteer basis, the Treasurer will be responsible for financial oversight with duties including managing scholarships and tuition, bookkeeping, and developing procedures that will help mature the organization as it grows. This is an opportunity to play a significant role in this groundbreaking program to impact and improve the lives of thousands of teens through toolmanship mentoring and preparation for adulthood.
Additional Roles & Responsibilities
- Budgeting and financial planning
- Develop systems for ensuring the organization’s solvency
- Choose vendors and negotiate contracts
- Sales tax exempt procedures with retailers
- Michigan filings
- IRS filings
- Work with Development, Marketing, Fundraising and other staff as needed
- As funding allows for more staff, the Treasurer will be able to offload routine processes
- All other aspects of a well-run non-profit
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required.
- Experience in a leadership role in a 501c-3 Non-Profit Required.
- Working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures related to business finance.
- A passion for mentoring young adults.