Located in Livonia, Michigan, our client is a dynamic General Contractor and Construction Management Firm with work throughout the Midwest. The Company has been in business for over 20 years and strives to be a leader in providing its customers with the knowledge, experience, and management capabilities to fulfill all of their construction needs. The Company has built its reputation on its leadership and culture, continually demonstrating an ability to out-perform larger firms in a variety of industries, including industrial, commercial, federal and state government, and more.
Our client is looking to add a Project Manager to its team based on their continued growth. Project Managers have primary oversight and management of projects from the point the contract is secured through final turnover and closeout. From scheduling to trade and subcontractor management to budgeting, forecasting, and billing, each Project Manager has the opportunity to actively lead projects of different sizes and scope. In addition to individual responsibility and opportunity, the Operations team works collaboratively with the entire team, including the Superintendents, Project Engineers, Estimators, and finance/admin staff.
The Project Management role includes limited travel and the unique opportunity to directly impact the continued success of the Company.
Desired Experience, Skills, and Abilities
Compensation, Benefits, and Structure
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or equivalent experience is required
- At least 5 years of experience in a Project Engineer or Project Management role, ideally focused in the industrial/commercial arena
- Experience working with the big three (GM, Ford, and FCA) is preferred, but not required
- Effective problem solving and time management abilities
- Strong communication and presentation skills - both oral and written
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of Timberline and Primavera
The position is full-time and permanent, with a competitive salary structure based on skills and experience. In addition, the Company offers a bonus plan, Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, a 401K and Profit Sharing Plan, Life Insurance, ongoing career development and training, and a team-based work environment.
The Recruitment Process
The recruitment process will include two phone screens, at least two in-person interviews, candidate assessments, and a pre-employment background check and drug test.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer!