Based in Livingston County, Bendix Academy is a non-profit organization dedicated to mentoring students ages 12-18 in skilled trades to educate, inspire and engage young professional interested in vocational work. The goal for these students is to develop higher self-confidence, establish greater independence, foster good citizenship, and encourage further learning.
The Grant Writer Position
Bendix Academy is looking to hire a temporary Grant Writer to join our team! The Grant Writer position will be approximately 6 months, at 20 hours per week throughout the contract. There is an opportunity for permanent work, based on how well the individual performs in the role. The Grant Writer will be responsible for identifying and securing private funding opportunities for Bendix Academy’s toolmanship mentoring program.
The Grant Writer will be in charge of writing polished proposals to earn grant money, research deadlines, draft grant requests, and submit reports for approval. The Grant Writer will also provide advice to our organization to build attributes, features and appearance attritive to foundations. This is an opportunity to play a significant role in a groundbreaking program to impact and improve the lives of thousands of teens through toolmanship mentoring and preparation for adulthood.
Additional Roles & Responsibilities
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Work with Development, Marketing, Fundraising and other staff as needed
- All other aspects of a well-run non-profit
Bendix Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
- Experience in Grant Writing for a 501c-3 Non-Profit Required, preferably as it relates to private funding opportunities.
- A passion for mentoring young adults.