Since 1988, Nawkaw has developed, manufactured, and expertly applied the world’s finest stains and color solutions for concrete and masonry. Nawkaw’s proprietary products and innovative techniques are used around the globe. Nawkaw’s Michigan division is hiring General Laborers
to join their growing team.
The General Laborer Position
NawKaw is looking for motivated individuals to help the company grow and succeed brick by brick – literally!
Nawkaw’s Laborers are responsible for assisting with a variety of tasks, including preparation of walls and materials and assisting the crew with various tasks onsite. Candidates must have the ability to perform work safely while following all Company procedures, in addition to all OSHA regulations. General Laborers must maintain a clean and organized work station and be comfortable working on ladders, lift and swing stages on a regular basis.
Candidates must be comfortable traveling throughout to Midwest to different jobsites on a somewhat regular basis – up to 50% of the time. When overnight travel is required, the company covers the cost of individual motel rooms for each person on the crew, as well as provides $30 per day, per diem, for food and incidentals!
Desired Experience, Skills & Abilities of the General Laborer
Work Environment & Physical Requirements for the General Laborer
- Construction and painting experience is preferred, but not required
- Ability to decipher between various paint colors is essential
- Punctuality and ability to get along well with others
- High school or equivalent education is required
- Ability to routinely lift up to 50 lbs., with occasional lifting in excess of 50 lbs. with assistance from a coworker
- Ability to stand for long periods of time. Additional bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion also required
Compensation, Benefits and Structure for the General Laborer
- Exposure to the elements when working outside, as well as loud noises
This is a full-time, seasonal position, 40+ hours per week, with competitive starting hourly rate of $20, paid time off, 401k with Company match and a strong Company culture. Employees are compensated for travel time to jobsites and lodging is covered by the Company. When travel is required, employees receive a $30 per diem.
The Recruiting Process for the General Laborer
The recruiting process is designed to ensure that we make the right hire for this critical position and will include a combination of phone and web-based interviews, candidate assessments, and a pre-employment background check.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer!