For over 80 years, HM White has had the vision and technological expertise to set new industry standards in efficiency, accuracy, safety and performance. A nationwide leader in Metal Fabrication, our hands-on professional experience and customer-focus sets us apart from the competition.
The Project Manager Position
Our newest Project Manager will work in our Detroit based facility and help manage our automotive-based projects throughout the country! The Project Manager position requires an individual who is efficient, resourceful, and comfortable being a member of a team.
Additional Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
Required Experience, Skills and Abilities of the Project Manager Position
- Review & qualify RFQ/RFP inquiries
- Participate in bid meetings & on-site facility project walk throughs
- Outline project scope for subcontractors and purchased equipment vendors
- Develop estimates based upon customer specifications, standards and proposal breakdown
- Provide proposal development and qualifications based upon project content to customer
- Perform sheet metal material fabrication and installation estimates
- Engage engineering teams (internal and external) to develop necessary designs and drawings
- Champion job kickoff and coordination meetings with Engineering, Superintendent, Shop, Subcontractors and Customer
- Coordinate with labor superintendent to execute field installation
- Coordinate all activities between owner, subcontractors and site
- Develop and maintain project schedule and manage execution of the work
- Coordinate with safety team for project requirements
- A Bachelors’ degree is preferred, but not required
- Experience in Industrial Ventilation and Paint Finishing Processes
- Ability to review drawings and perform manual estimates / proposals.
- Ability to manage turn-key projects
- Ability to travel to job sites
Compensation, Benefits & Structure for the Project Manager Position
- High volume of travel within the continental US, with primary office location at the Detroit shop
- Partial remote work from home can be considered
Rewards for this position include a significant base salary, discretionary bonus plan, medical benefits, paid time off, and a strong team-based environment. The compensation package also includes a 401(k) Plan
after meeting eligibility requirements.
The Recruitment Process for the Project Manager Position
The recruiting process will include at least one (likely two) phone screen, an in-person interview, candidate assessments, a background check and a drug test.
HM White, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer!