For over 80 years, HM White has had the vision and technological expertise to set new industry standards in efficiency, accuracy, safety, and performance. A nationwide leader in Metal Fabrication, our hands-on professional experience and customer focus set us apart from the competition.
The Project Manager Position
H.M. White is looking for an experienced Project Manager with industrial construction experience.
Our newest Project Manager will work in our Detroit-based facility and help manage our automotive-based projects throughout the country! The Project Manager position requires an individual who is efficient, resourceful, and comfortable being a member of a team. The ideal candidate would relocated to SE Michigan.
Additional Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
Required Experience, Skills, and Abilities of the Project Manager Position
- Review & qualify RFQ/RFP inquiries
- Participate in bid meetings & on-site facility project walkthroughs
- Outline project scope for subcontractors and purchased equipment vendors
- Develop estimates based upon customer specifications, standards, and proposal breakdown
- Provide proposal development and qualifications based upon project content to customer
- Perform sheet metal material fabrication and installation estimates
- Engage engineering teams (internal and external) to develop necessary designs and drawings
- Champion job kickoff and coordination meetings with Engineering, Superintendent, Shop, Subcontractors, and Customer
- Coordinate with labor superintendent to execute field installation
- Coordinate all activities between owner, subcontractors, and site
- Develop and maintain project schedule and manage the execution of the work
- Coordinate with safety team for project requirements
Compensation, Benefits & Structure for the Project Manager Position
- A Bachelor's degree is preferred, but not required
- Experience in Industrial Construction is preferred.
- Ability to review drawings and perform manual estimates / proposals.
- Ability to manage turn-key projects
- Ability to travel to job sites
- High volume of travel within the continental US, with primary office location at the Detroit shop
- Partial remote work from home can be considered
Rewards for this position include a significant base salary, discretionary bonus plan, medical benefits, paid time off, and a strong team-based environment. The compensation package also includes a 401(k) Plan
after meeting eligibility requirements.
The Recruitment Process for the Project Manager Position
The recruiting process will include at least one (likely two) phone screen, an in-person interview, candidate assessments, a background check and a drug test.
HM White, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer!