Fessler & Bowman is a mid-sized concrete and excavation contractor based in Flushing, Michigan. With a 50+ year history of quality, safety, and profitability, the Company has relied on its strong leadership team and core principals. In consideration of growth and succession planning, the team needs to add an Assistant Project Manager to their staff for 2016 to help our new office in the Carolinas.
The Company is looking for an Assistant Project Manager to join their team. The goal of this position is to support the Company’s project management efforts on multiple projects, including both public and private jobs with scopes ranging from earthwork and site development to large flat work projects.
This position will give someone with interest in the construction industry an opportunity to gain hands-on experience by learning and working directly with the Project Managers and General Superintendents. The role involves time tracking and entry for job costing, material ordering, and supplier quote requests and follow-up. Our Assistant PM’s will also get direct onsite experience by handling order, time and material tracking.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or a related field
- 100% commitment to safety
- Integrity and trust
- Willingness to put in the time and effort required to be successful in construction
- Desire to work on a team in a mid-sized company where individual efforts make significant impact.
- Passion and energy for construction
Compensation and Benefits
- At least one year of exposure in the construction industry, preferably with a civil contractor.
- Experience with Bid2Win and Heavy Bid.
Rewards for this position include a significant base salary, bonus opportunities, medical benefits, paid time off and a strong team environment.
The Recruiting Process
The recruitment process will include at least a phone screen, one in-person interview, a background check, and a drug test.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer!