Who we Are:
Founded in 1963 by Don Fessler & George Bowman, Fessler & Bowman, Inc. has grown from a residential flatwork & basement wall contractor to a top 100 Commercial Concrete Contractor recognized across the nation. Keeping customer satisfaction as our fundamental core value has allowed Fessler & Bowman, Inc. to prosper for nearly six decades.
Our Culture & Philosophy:
Fessler & Bowman is a fast-paced and culture-focused industry leader in specialty concrete and civil earthwork. When we talk about culture at F&B, it is not just a plaque hanging in our lobby. Our values are our driving force and have allowed us to build a phenomenal team delivering best in class products to our customers.
The Recruiter - Construction Position:
- Open & Constructive
- Take Pride in Our Product
- Relentless Commitment
- Care About Our Customers
- Team Success
The Recruiter will support the organization by delivering great talent to our managers before they request it. Anticipation and upfront work will make you successful. In this labor market, a “post and pray”, old school approach, won’t get the results we need. Are you driven to dig in and find great people? Are you willing to spend hours on the phone to find that perfect candidate? Do you feel fulfilled when a manager says “our new hire is awesome”? If so, you will love this role. Previous experience in construction trades is a plus but your attitude and drive for results are equally important.
The Recruiter manages all aspects of proactive sourcing and outreach of qualified candidates, interviews candidates to identify those with the required attitude, skills and abilities and manages the lifecycle of the hiring process. This role will also be tasks with building local relationships with candidate sources, and helps facilitate candidates through the onboarding process.
Expectations include, but are not limited to:
- Build effective internal relationships with hiring managers, forecasting needs, etc.
- Target competitors to attract passive qualified candidates
- Update and monitor all job postings, applicant tracking systems, etc.
- Work collaboratively to manage social media presence and employer brand
- Maintain applicant tracking system, ensuring all data is up to date, candidates have been contacted, and the historical records are accurate for future review
- Collaborate with HR Director regarding continuous process improvement and strategic projects within the human resources function
- Supports the Company’s commitment to EEO and Affirmative Action strategy and compliance
- Develop written communications in Spanish, including job ads, new hire paperwork, policies, etc.
Preferred Experience, Skills & Abilities for the Recruiter Position:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, or a related field.
- 2+ years of HR and/or recruiting experience.
- 1+ years experience in the construction industry is preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish-speaking) is preferred.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Compensation, Benefits & Structure of the Recruiter Position:
This position includes a competitive salary structure, based on skills and experience, and a comprehensive benefit & retirement package. The position is based out of the Flushing, MI office with occasional travel for recruiting purposes (career fairs, union halls, job sites and regional offices). F&B will compensate for travel when applicable.
The Recruitment Process for the Recruiter Position:
The recruitment process will include two preliminary phone screens, two web-based (or in-person) interviews, a candidate personality assessment, and a pre-employment background check and drug test. The process, which is being facilitated in conjunction with EctoHR, Inc. is designed to ensure that candidates are aligned with Fessler & Bowman's core values.
Fessler & Bowman is an Equal Opportunity Employer!