Founded in 1963 by Don Fessler & George Bowman, Fessler & Bowman, Inc. has grown from a residential flatwork & basement wall contractor to a top 100 Commercial Concrete Contractor recognized across the nation. Keeping customer satisfaction as our fundamental core value has allowed Fessler & Bowman, Inc. to prosper for nearly six decades.
Our Culture & Philosophy:
Fessler & Bowman is a fast-paced and culture-focused industry leader in specialty concrete and civil earthwork. When we talk about culture at F&B, it is not just a plaque hanging in our lobby. We live our values every day and these values have allowed us to build a phenomenal team delivering best in class products to our customers. We don’t put off until tomorrow what can be accomplished today; our relentless commitment to a job done right is what drives us all.
A leading indicator of team member success at Fessler & Bowman is someone who strives to meet our core values. If we asked a friend to describe you would they use words like “competitive,” “driven,” “team-focused,” “detail-oriented,” “agile,” and “a problem solver”? Are you willing to take calculated risks to achieve better than average results? If so, you are the type of person we are looking to add to our F&B family.
Project Managers lead Project Teams in the successful completion of construction projects, from the initial hand-off from Estimating through final completion and close-out. PMs are responsible for overall project planning and scheduling, resource allocation, project accounting, and control, while providing technical direction and ensuring compliance with quality standards and applicable laws and regulations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- Organizing and planning for the safe and efficient execution of the assigned projects
- Acting as the Fessler & Bowman, Inc. spokesperson in all customer communication
- Maintaining the financial controls of the project and being held accountable for the profit/loss of the project
- Developing and maintaining the project schedule
- Estimating, pricing and negotiating the price on the project
- Developing the project team and holding each member accountable for their assignment
- Continually expanding knowledge and use of industry best practices and innovation
- Solving problems, as they arise, by using available knowledge and resources
- Communicating and upholding the Company’s commitment to Integrity and Code of Ethics, as well as ensuring the same for the entire team
- Other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor of Science in Engineering preferred, or equivalent in training and experience
- At least five (5) years of construction experience
- Creative and results-oriented, with a strong sense of urgency and self-motivation
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with an adaptable and flexible style in working with all types of individuals.
Travel is required for this position. Travel may include, but is not limited to, travel from office to various job sites.
As a Project Manager, you will be subject to various work environments. Environments include but are not limited to the following: office and field settings, high/low temperatures, areas close to traffic, loud and frequent noises, confined spaces, heights, indoor/outdoor settings.
The recruitment process will include a phone-screen, in-person meeting and a pre-employment background check and drug test. This process is intended to ensure we find the right fit for both candidates and Fessler & Bowman.
Fessler & Bowman is an Equal Opportunity Employer!