Founded in 1963 by Don Fessler & George Bowman, Fessler & Bowman, Inc. has grown from a residential flatwork & basement wall contractor to a top 100 Commercial Concrete Contractor recognized across the nation. Keeping customer satisfaction as our fundamental core value has allowed Fessler & Bowman, Inc. to prosper for nearly six decades. Fessler & Bowman is a fast-paced and culture-focused industry leader in specialty concrete and civil earthwork. When we talk about culture at F&B, it is not just a plaque hanging in our lobby. Our values are our driving force and have allowed us to build a phenomenal team delivering best in class products to our customers.
The Workforce Development Director Position
The Workforce Development Director is integral to the growth of our current and future team members. This position is within the Human Resources department and will cater to both our office and field team member needs for annual, job specific and leadership training. Collaborating with various departments, this position will elevate Fessler & Bowman’s current talent as well as contribute to future talent pipelines.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
Desired Experience, Skills, and Abilities for the Workforce Development Director
- Implement and grow impactful programming focused on workforce development and leadership in the construction industry, including skilled trades development
- Provide high-level direction for all workforce development and leadership programs and initiatives
- Monitor and evaluate program impact, identify gaps in service delivery and opportunities for continuous improvement and implement changes accordingly
- Oversee and participate in grant writing and administration, budget development and management and fiscal monitoring for workforce development programs
- Develop strong community relationships to cultivate a pipeline of talent into the construction industry and skilled trades through leveraging local, state and union partnerships for sustainability and growth
Compensation & Benefits for the Workforce Development Director
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience creating and implementing programs within an organization
- Experience in instruction and/or administration or occupational training programs
- Knowledge of LMS and training systems
- Construction industry experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills- verbal and written
Fessler & Bowman provides a competitive salary based on relevant experience, medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k with company contributions, Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off. Travel to regional offices and potentially job sites is required for this position. Travel is expected to be up to 50%. Fessler & Bowman will compensate for travel when applicable.
Recruitment Process for the Workforce Development Director
The recruitment process is designed to be a thorough, two-way evaluation to ensure that the best decision is made by both the Company and the candidate. Given this, multiple steps are required, including a phone interview, in-person interviews, candidate assessments, and a pre-employment background check and drug test.
Fessler & Bowman is an Equal Opportunity Employer!