Sunrise Communications, an independent northern Michigan based MSO that offers high-speed internet, VoIP and cable television service, is looking to add an experienced Cable Technician to its growing team.
About the Cable Technician Position:
The Cable Technician will be responsible for helping coordinate & schedule service requests, sweep & balance work, troubleshooting system outages, performing small plant construction projects, internal communication, completing work orders, bill of materials, and labor schedule for all jobs and estimates, material requisitions, and inventory control, among other things.
This is an excellent opportunity to become a part of a growing Company and have the ability to cover all areas of installation, servicing, and technical work. There is also ample room for growth both within the position and with the Company.
Continuing Education via online & classroom will be provided and required.
Desired Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
A strong candidate will have experience maintaining a newly upgraded HFC (1.2GHz) cable plant (fiber & nodes, power supplies, trunk/feeder coax, amplifiers & LEs, headend equipment) as well as installation of services for residential & business clients.
· High school diploma or equivalent plus some additional technical training or certification
· Minimum of 4-8 years of cable system maintenance, service installation, and some basic head-end knowledge and experience
· 100% commitment to safety
· Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
· Ability to solve complex problems and troubleshoot, as necessary
· Strong and proven critical thinking, judgment, and decision making skills and attention to detail – especially with record keeping
Compensation, Benefits and Structure
The position is a full-time, permanent position with a competitive base annual income range of $40,000-$60,000 depending on experience. Benefits Package includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short-Term Disability and Long Term Disability insurance, paid time off, and paid holidays.
The Recruitment Process
The recruitment process will include a phone screen, in-person interviews, candidate assessments (industry skill testing), a background check, and a drug test.
Sunrise Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer!